ASSC Sun Exposure Summit, 16 March 2020
On behalf of the Organising Committee, we are delighted to invite you to join us in Brisbane for the Sun Exposure Summit.
This meeting will bring together representatives from State and Commonwealth health departments, non-government organisations, researcher and consumer groups to discuss the balance of risks and benefits of sun exposure, and how they are addressed in current policies.
The Summit will host international and national experts over one day to to address the questions:
1. Are Australia and New Zealand’s current policies regarding the risks and benefits of sun exposure optimal for health?
2. How should the message about the risks and benefits of sun exposure be communicated to health practitioners and the public?
Date: Monday 16 March 2020**
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Venue: QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, Herston, Brisbane
**Please note that there is a closed-room policy meeting for invited delegates only on Tuesday 17 March.
We look forward to engaging interactions between our invited international, national and local delegates and experts in the field.REGISTER PROGRAM*
* Program as at 6/1/20
The ASSC is a joint collaboration of skin and skin cancer researchers at The University of Queensland and QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute. This is following the success of the ASSC-hosted Sunscreen Summit in March 2018, which achieved revisions to sunscreen policy in Australia and New Zealand, and the Melanoma Screening Summit in 2019.
We have been able to organise special event rates for accommodation at the following venues, close to QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute:
- Annexe Apartments – 10% off the Best Available Rate
- Rydges Fortitude Valley – Special nightly rate for Superior King Room
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane – special nightly rate for Superior King Room
Directions on how to book at these special rates, will be provided following registration.
We look forward to welcoming you to Brisbane in March 2020.
Sun Exposure Summit Organising Committee:
- Professor Rachel Neale, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
- Professor David Whiteman, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
- Professor Monika Janda, The University of Queensland
- Professor Robyn Lucas, Australian National University
- Professor Graeme Jones, University of Tasmania
- Adjunct Associate Professor Craig Sinclair, Cancer Council Victoria
For all enquires, please email Melissa Kerr (firstname.lastname@example.org).